Thursday, January 10, 2008

Cacti!

After Christmas, one of my very favorite things is...spending money. OK-that maybe should be the beforehand thought/action. As before Christmas I am thinking about spending on great gifts for everyone. And my wallet and checking account is quickly emptied in my gift-giving furvor. And that is OK.

Then after Christmas, well...it's about me. Well just only if I happen to receive a check as a gift, intended to be used to buy something that I like.

So the Little Kid and I went to Bachman's, a local flower/garden place-really one of my favorite such places, to look at plants, maybe buy a cactus. These are fun, unique, and of course the best feature, they require little/no care.

So that is what we did! Thank you for the gifts.

We have Brainiac-G's, plus the little ceramic pot that we bought for it to live in. Mine is called Cherry Bomb-which I put in the cool pot the G made me for Mother's Day. They join Spikey-G's cactus, and the bamboo-oh the subject of our very very first blog post!

These cactuses thrive in a warm sunny window, and we water them once a month with about a tablespoon of water. This I can definitely handle!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I love Bachman's after Christmas, but haven't been there for years. Thanks for the reminder!