Thursday, January 3, 2008

Got Birds?

Hmm-I have these 2 birdfeeders in the backyard, filled with black sunflowers. The birds love them. Or, I should say, "loved."

They liked them so much, that I bought a second birdfeeder this fall, because I was having to fill it up about every day or so.

But now, for some strange reason, they stopped coming. Altogether. The feeders are sitting there, filled to the brim, and have been for weeks. I even took a pinecone, smeared peanut butter on it and rolled it with sunflower seeds! Nothing.

Perplexing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there!

Might be too cold. All the birds around my place in Nordeast are shivering inside pine and cedar trees. Can you move the feeders closer to some cover?

Anonymous said...

Hmm, were any trees or bushes cut down...maybe the food is too far out in the open?