Wednesday, March 26, 2008

20 Years

20 years ago today was a day I'll never forget. From preparations at my parents, getting dressed, (ooh I forgot to do my hair!), all family-friends around with happy anticipation, photos.

Going to the church, seeing you dashing in your tux, giving me traditional Norwegian Sølje jewelry in celebration of the day.

The beautiful handbells playing the Pachelbel Canon, as I walked down the aisle with my dad, already feeling emotional. You took one look at me-saw the tears about to break and said, "Hi Buddy!"

Crying during the vows, so heartfelt. You pulled out a blue bandana for me right there at the altar, and the whole church chuckled, the tension of the moment released. Two special pastors sanctifying our bond, signifying that as a pair we were "grace" and "the law." Hmm-wonder which was which.

A beautiful day March 26, 1988 and the start of 20 wonderful years together. I couldn't feel more loved. Each and every day.

Happy Anniversary My Love!

0 comments: