Friday, March 14, 2008

$rth$d$ntist

Orthodontists. They serve a wonderful purpose, don't they? Creating beautiful smiles? Helping people put their "best face" forward. Sometimes there's a medical reason to have orthodontic work done, or maybe your bite is a little crooked. One of my daughters had to have her palate expanded to help with her breathing.

Not that I carry much guilt about this or anything, but my 3 daughters inherited their teeth from me. Or, I should say, their LACK of teeth. I am missing 2 teeth. A & S are both missing a tooth-a front tooth. Hm. They are both in braces. Currently we have automatic deductions equal to the amount of oh maybe a mortgage on a lake cabin or a boat or a motorcycle or a remodeled bathroom -- you get the idea.

G is missing 4 yes FOUR teeth. Yup. And her teeth are crowded. So she needs orthodontia. Now. She is 7.

This is me.








I tend to be an optimist. So let's just look forward to the positive results, 3 sparkling smiles.
Oh-and I'd better get back to work, so we don't lose our house in the process!

3 comments:

Jane Hendrickson said...

Wow. Exciting.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Ouch, that hurts. Try looking at this way. You have gorgeous daughters. Now they'll be even more gorgeous! Which means they'll be confident enough to land the perfect job... which means they won't be sleeping on your couch when they're 30... which means in another 10 or 20 years you can afford a weekend getaway. :) - kate