Saturday, September 27, 2008

Today

Today is my 30th high school reunion. In Chicago. I am not there, because I just couldn't get there this time. Either I'd have to pay an exorbitant airfare price, or endure 2 8-hour drives over the span of a few days. With a bad back that option is not super appealing.

So in honor of my hs alma mater, I am wearing my school sweatshirt today. We used to be the New Trier East Indians. But years ago, NTE and NTW (Cowboys) have merged into one hs -- New Trier. They are the Trevians. Didn't know what that was myself, but it is like a warrior. Regardless, I couldn't find a sweatshirt with a Trevian on it, and anyway that wouldn't even feel right, because to me we are the Indians.

Ah-my head is in Chicago today, celebrating with my schoolmates...


Thanks Super G., for taking the photo...

3 comments:

Rob said...

Next year is my 25th year out of Bloomington Jefferson. My, how time flies.

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

And, you, only you, would probably fit nicely into your old prom dress and still whine a bit that you're 'fat.' :))

thismngardener said...

oh katie-never had a prom dress!! no proms for me...late bloomer that i am.