Sunday, March 1, 2009

Piano Teacher's Piano Recital

Today there will be a special treat. No, I don't mean the kind with sugar!! My piano teacher will be giving a recital. It is called: My Faith Journey Through Music.

There will be classical pieces and spiritual pieces. I know she is playing Grieg's Wedding Day at Troldhaugen, a piece that I am working on. I can't wait to hear her interpretation of it!! I am also guessing, predicting, that she will play Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, because this is one of her favorite pieces.

She has had quite a journey this past 8-9 months, as last May she was diagnosed with breast cancer. She has now just finished her third round of radiation, treating the cancer in her bones. She has a great amount of hope, and she is one of the most unselfish people I've ever met. What a gift she is to me, and to so many others, through her music, and through her life example.

I know it will be a beautiful event. I can't wait to be still and listen.

0 comments: