Sunday, April 29, 2007

Friends...

Got together last week for a long overdue gathering with 2 college friends. I cannot believe how the years have flown by!! M I've known since oh I think Girl Scouts 3rd grade or something, through high school, and college. C was M's freshman year roommate, and what a great match they were and are for each other!! In college we had bowling nicknames (Pickles, Bubbles, Spike, etc.) I can't remember what my name was!! Remember punk parties??


Through the years we went on kind of different paths. M & C both got married and had children relatively quickly, while I was later on this timing...Many things happened that altered how often we got together, how available we were, and resources that we had. But we've always been friends...

Now they talk about grown kids, an utterly delightful daughter in a special home situation, one child in college, 2 others going to college soon. And my youngest is in 1st grade!! I hope that I can be as good of a parent, role model, and provider, as they have been for their children.

So here we are...we don't look a day (or hardly a decade) over 30!! At least most days I feel about that age...

“The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.”
Elisabeth Foley




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me more about these "Punk Parties"!?!?!

Rock on...