Sunday, July 8, 2007

Hornets Nests


For some crazy reason, we have two hornets nests, one on each roof/eve peak of our house. We purchased some serious big bad hornet spray today to tackle this problem...yet it rained, so we are waiting for more favorable weather for surer adherence and poison-ability (apologies to any hornet-lovers out there).

The nests are oh about the size of a volleyball/smaller basketball. I may "cover" my husband with a hose as he sprays with poison, which we will do at dusk (when they are least active).

Can you see those mean buggers in the close-up photo?

2 comments:

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Man, you've got a new cool gadget on your site every time I stop by. Can I make you creative director on my lame blog? :) Love the clock!

Unknown said...

True construction worker!