Sunday, July 8, 2007

Like Cousins

A couple weeks ago we visited with Kate - who firstly I work with. And then she started a blog, and I thought it was so interesting. First we submitted some content to her blog, but now as it works out we are fellow bloggers together. She lives pretty far away (Park City, UT), and we don't see each other very often, despite invitations to visit etc. But we collaborate on a few work projects, and periodically communicate through our blogs, such as these...
Butterfly photo
Sunflowers
Zinnias
Gardening

So spending a little time was so nice...just whiling away part of an afternoon (OK, I should have been working, but so what?), chatting about the garden, hearing about her garden (the BIG ROCK among other things). I don't know, but to me it kind of felt like when you get together with your favorite cousin. You may not see each other very often, and maybe they live far away, but you easily catch up once you can get together, and it is something that you look forward to.

I had a smile on my face (and a nice little warm feeling in my heart) for that whole day.

Here we are by the clematis...

1 comments:

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Me, too. :)

Next time I'll shower before I let you take my picture!