Friday, October 12, 2007

Morning Glories

These guys FINALLY bloomed! Now that we have like a week or so before a couple hard frosts! Then the growing season will be done.

Every spring I pick up a couple Morning Glories at the local nursery and plant them at the base of the trellis that holds my favorite clematis. This way we have some late summer color -- or in this case fall really.

(I used to grow Morning Glories from seed but they are a little fussy. You have to nick the seeds and soak them overnight to help the things sprout. When I did this it was before daughter #3 -- not that I really was that less busy then than I am now. Hmm-maybe I should give it a try again next spring...?)

1 comments:

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Lovely! Perhaps they were waiting to bloom for your birthday. I was late, I know, but I sent something. Hope you got it. Happy Birthday!