Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Oh Sweet Joy!!

We Minnesotans are hardy. Even to the extreme where we take pride in how we persevere long boring cold cold snowy windy snow-up-to-your-hips conditions. After all-obviously if you can't take it, long winters are part of "the deal." Move somewhere else. So a little chest-pounding (and of course hopefully a week somewhere warm to break it up) is in order.

This winter was sssooooooooooo long. And crummy, cold, went on and on and on and on. I'm generally a "glass-half-full-type person" at least I hope that is how I am perceived. But this winter sucked rocks.

Today, sweet glory, the first tulips flowered. OK for some reason they are extremely "dwarfy". Sure yes I know time to switch out put in new bulbs. Regardless, to see them showing their delightful bright colors for the world to see -- was uplifting. I'm like "FINALLY!."


The teenagers were like "Sure Mom-great-tulips-wow interesting-let's go to school now c'mon."

0 comments: