Monday, September 24, 2007

Confirmation


A was confirmed last Sunday. Along with 162 other 9th graders...yes, that's right. We belong to a very large Lutheran church. Nice service, though we had to get there an hour early to get a good seat. Our photos after the service -- our family members got separated, so we didn't get very many of all the various grandparents, aunts & uncles. I was a little disappointed, especially since family members came from out of town, and it was the first time in a very long time that relatives from the two sides of our family had been altogether. Plus I love to chronicle these moments (my husband says photos are for people with bad memories...).

We had a very nice casual get-together for family afterwards. Then she invited some friends over, and my husband cooked some more -- chicken caesar salads for them, yum.

Nice day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Alles Gute zur Konfirmation!

Sei weder der Erste,
Neuem nachzujagen,
noch der Letzte,
Altem zu entsagen.
A.Pope


Bye Manuela

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Congratulations A!

I'm a Lutheran, too, though out here... it's me and 3 other people. A bit embarrassing when we're asked to sing in church... almost like doing a solo.

Unknown said...

I essay...

Kep never the First,
to revive to prey on
last come,
that Old to abdicate.


Excuse me!...My English is so bad.....