Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Softball!!

It's been a while since I posted last.

Last weekend the Little Kid had a softball tournament. First they played 2 games. Then, the next day, they were seeded and put into a bracket.

Her team split the first 2 games--winning the first and losing the second. The third game, they won, which meant, win or lose, they would play 2 more games! They ended up getting 4th place. It was so much fun to watch!!


They are 3-4th graders. So cute...

The coach was super nice, patient, and took everything in stride. Helped them get better at their skills and was very encouraging. As a parent, it was very nice to see this--something that I don't take for granted.

Ah, the joys of summer fun!!






2 comments:

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Been awhile since you blogged, been awhile since I visited. This summer has been too dang busy.

Anyway... I absolutely loved the photos.

I miss that MN tradition of softball games taking top priority for most of the summer.

Hope all is well.

thismngardener said...

Kate-I know, right? (about the busy part)
I have really enjoyed spectating all of the girls' sport. "Being present" is something that is very fun for me now. :)