Thursday, February 28, 2008

8:00 pm Heaven Part II


I was posting about my love LOVE for 8pm each evening. And how I got started taking piano lessons again.

Ok, so where was I...

So we started lessons. I brought all my books-Bach Inventions, the Chopin Nocturne, and much much more. And we picked some pieces together to work on. I noticed from the start, how helpful the input I was getting was. Just the descriptive way and tools that she used to describe how things should sound, should feel, was great. For example: "this should sound soft, foggy." "make this like a nudge, you are pushing someone, it's a little louder"

Oh and then to hear her play a portion of the piece-Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata or whatever-ooh nice. I would think why can't I play it that way? Ok-mainly because I am not the teacher!

And through it all, I am having so much fun. We just started 2 pieces which I just love. She picked them out, and I couldn't decide which one so I picked both! Grieg Notturno, and a Schubert Impromptu.

So all this makes me wonder...is it 8 pm yet?

0 comments: