Saturday, February 16, 2008

Farewell-not Goodbye

I work at home with a virtual ad agency. This means there is no building where our company lives - we work "virtually" in our home offices. Yet still we are a team & a company. Doing this effectively requires some adjustments to a "normal" work environment. For example, working alone in a home office can be a little lonely, as you don't have that personal interaction that you have in an office environment. For example, there is no water cooler chat (no water cooler even). Yet one thing I love about this is that work is pure-no staff meetings, performance reviews, boss looking over your shoulder, etc. etc.

So there are 4-5 people that I work with mostly. There's The Boss, The Programmer, The Ski Bum Partner (I mean that in a nice way of course), and then AE-Makes Things Happen, and Asst-Learning New Things. And the last two, now are leaving. Yesterday was officially their last day, although one may hang on a little while longer to wrap things up.

A is the AE
- Makes everything happen on a very busy food-recipe Web site
- She is going to simplify now and "be a mom". Lucky
- Loves to play tennis. Is quite good
- A great supporter. Thanks
- "You know how I feel" :)
- My Athletic Friend. I live vicariously through her athletic endeavors/successes

R is the Asst
- Although she is quite a bit younger than me, it was a pleasant surprise to find out that we have quite a bit in common, like love of music, books, wine, Packers fan (ok-not really for me)
- Helps to guide me through the world of Facebook
- Tolerates my frequent random rantings about the classical piano pieces that I am playing
- Generally is a good sport and has a great outlook on life

We slipped away on Friday for lunch! Photo taken by A's adorable daughter M, 6 years old.

At the risk of sounding cliche, I am richer for knowing these guys.

And it will be quiet, very quiet, without them.

Farewell!! But definitely not goodbye.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so nice to read!