Friday, May 30, 2008

Feels Good


This is what I wrote to my teacher on her caring bridge site:

Hi-

How are you feeling today? Sounds like the conscious sedation made you a bit groggy. I had that for my leg procedure last fall...didn't seem too bad to come out of with time, so hopefully that is the case with you.

Alright, so I did it. The video is in two pieces which is fine, so I might edit and then send/share, maybe as mp3. A. did a good job shooting it.

I am my own worst critic. So I heard mistakes. Half way through the piece my hands started shaking. Ah well.

But I did it. There was such nice applause at the end. I absorbed the positive comments and praise from friends and others who just came up, and said thanks for playing. It was nice.

First of many recitals I hope. (goodness I haven't done this in oh about 30 years!)

L. (the accompanist for all the performers) was funny. I asked her to turn the page for me. She looked at me blankly-I explained I was last on the program. Oh! she said, I didn't see the back of it. I said Yes, I am playing Grieg's Notturno. She said sweet! :)

I hope that this statement comes out right. But in an odd way, your fight with cancer has helped give me the courage to play piano. Which I have really wanted to do, as you know...

Blessings to you-

Here we are afterwards. That is S’s teacher in the middle. Super G. took this one. J


This is what my teacher wrote back to me this am:
I am so glad you made it through the recital last night. I thought about you and hoped you would be okay and not get too shaky hands because then it is hard to play. Bravo to you for performing!! Thanks for your thoughts you have shared on Caringbridge. I have appreciated them so much.

0 comments: